The Software Developer is responsible for the design, development and release of our organization's web-based applications. Duties include application development and systems integration, spanning front-end, middle tier, and data access components. The company is in the midst of a significant program to revise its core web-based business services delivery automation systems, migrating to a contemporary, open source technology stack. This is a hands-on technical role, providing the opportunity for distributed systems integration and development.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years and strong software engineering background
Technical Skills Required
- Experience with two of the following Database Technologies – Oracle, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Hadoop, MSSQL
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Independence, self-managed, and motivated.
- Skilled with Object-Oriented and Functional Programming.
- Superior oral and technical writing communication skills.
- Understanding of Web Services technologies.
- Understanding of Agile practices such as test driven development and continuous integration.
- Experience contributing to the design and architecture of a large project.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Provide progress reports of the development effort to management.
- Manage individual contribution or group effort to tight deadlines.
- Analyze user requirements and existing business process.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources.
- Must be able to provide documentation on work.
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Provide product improvement feedback and suggestions.
- Coordinate use of development team's time.
- Providing technical oversight and assessment of application and system development projects to ensure technical integrity and compliance within design requirements.
- Providing hands-on contributions to architecture, design, and code development for critical components of the company’s next-generation client-facing applications.
- Resolve development issues and troubleshoot code errors.
- Maintain suitable knowledge of threats, risk assignment, remediation strategies, security tools, testing techniques, and security research.
- Experience building scalable applications using Scala, Akka, and Play
- Experience with front end technologies for the web such as: Dart, Angular, Ember and jQuery
- Experience in relational databases design and maintenance (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in NoSQL database design, implementation, and maintenance (MongoDB, Hadoop)
- Experience with Eclipse (Scala IDE, STS)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of various web server configurations and setup: Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server
- Application security experience or training.
- Data visualization coding experience
- Data modeling and statistical analysis.
Ever wondered what it would feel like working for a cyber security company? Meet RiskSense, Inc. We’re the pioneer and market leader in pro-active cyber risk management solutions that allow enterprises and governments to contextualize internal security intelligence, external threat data feeds, and business criticality to identify imminent cyber risks and prioritize remediation actions. The company’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform transforms cyber risk management into a pro-active, collaborative, and real-time discipline. As former advisors to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Intelligence Community, RiskSense founders developed Computational Analysis of Cyber Terrorism against the U.S. (CACTUS), Support Vectors Intrusion Detection, Behavior Risk Analysis of Vicious Executables (BRAVE), and the Strike Team Program.
If you join our team, you will be joining professionals dedicated to helping our clients better defend their networks and the data with which they have been entrusted. RiskSense is a multi-year winner of Technology Ventures Corporation's Flying 40 Award; a 4-year recipient of Albuquerque Business First's Fastest Growing Companies Award, a 4-year recipient of Inc. Magazine's Inc. 5000 award and a 4-year participant in the New Mexico Private 100. Based on the company’s innovation in the cyber risk management space, Gartner recently named RiskSense as one of the leading vendors in their newly published report on Security Operation Analysis and Reporting. We have proven 50% year over year revenue growth while maintaining profitability for the past 5 years.
RiskSense recently moved into a brand-new 18,000-square foot office suite in Albuquerque, New Mexico. News outlets described RiskSense's interior design and amenities as the "quintessential 'techie' vibe often found in Silicon Valley offices." These amenities include:
- Gym, with top-notch equipment for cardio and strength-training with brands such Keiser, WaterRower, and Precor USA.
- Mechanical desks that save your preferred sitting & standing heights
- Separate men & women's locker rooms and showers
- Occasional group classes from professional yoga & gym instructors
- Recreation room with bean bag chairs and ping-pong
- Modern furniture in meeting areas and "huddle rooms"
- Glass offices, glass conference rooms
- Open-air desks with glass partitions
- Lots of windows and natural light
- Interior decorating with fun, bright colors
- Large kitchen and break area with restaurant-style booths
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
- Conference rooms named after Star Wars planets
The RiskSense team prides itself on attracting top talent in New Mexico and from around the world. Not only are our founders and executive management team considered thought-leaders in the industry (see the "About" section), but so are our employees—from developers to sales and marketing. An entrepreneurial mindset is encouraged, and our team is constantly researching and developing innovative solutions that contribute to our existing and new technologies.
Our company culture encourages communication and rewards creative, bright minds. Our team is positive, energetic and, above all else, is persistent in solving challenging problems. The dress is casual and the atmosphere is uniquely positive and stimulating. Though we are continuously expanding, the vibe is very "tech startup."
In order to recruit and retain our team of top talent, RiskSense continues to grow our world-class benefits package:
- Awesome benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Training
- Incentive stock-option plan for qualified employees
- Referral Bonuses for recommending top talent that is hired
- Tech amenities, such as computers, multiple monitors and more
- 120 hours of accrued vacation time
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.