The Senior Technical Writer will work directly with product management and development members of an Agile project team developing new features for our product line, participate in various product planning and development meetings, and then plan and implement appropriate documentation solutions delivered via various outputs: HTML online and Wiki documents, and printable PDF. Individual will also help in creating knowledge base articles, data sheets and other marketing materials.
Do you have a passion for delivering enticing content? Do you have a gift for disseminating highly technical information? Are you driven to prepare end user document that leaves no questions unanswered? Do you obsess over ways to illustrate product benefits in a clear manner? Do you have an attention to detail? Do you like to write, not just once a month, but on a daily basis? If your answer has been yes to all these questions, you might be the right candidate for RiskSense.
RiskSense is seeking an energetic and well-versed Technical Writer, who will work directly with the RiskSense Product and Development teams to prepare instruction manuals, how to guides, releases notes, internal policies, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. This entails the creation of new documentation and updating existing documents for our award-winning SaaS platform and related services. The successful candidate will also collaborate with the RiskSense Marketing team on an ongoing basis to ensure that our tools, guidelines, and standards are effective and efficient. The Technical Writer reports to the Director of Product Management.
Required or Desired Skills:
● Minimum 3-5 years of content development experience with enterprise class applications.
● Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable for nontechnical audiences through text and graphics.
● Ability to focus on details without losing sight of the project scope and timeline.
● Enthusiasm for learning how security software works and what the users need from it.
● Effective time management of several concurrent tasks for many departments.
● Experience creating documentation for Cloud-Based and Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility and the ability to manage priorities.
● Familiarity with current security technology such as security, risk, and compliance monitoring and reporting, threat, intrusion, and malware detection, and vulnerability scanning; fluency in the use of related security and compliance terminology.
● Familiarity with agile software development processes; familiarity with Confluence, JIRA, and other Atlassian tools.
● Experience producing a range of documentation: release notes, installation, configuration, user guides, and online help.
● Experience with web authoring and wiki markup tools using HTML, XML, and CSS.
● Experience with standard Microsoft Office and Google Docs programs and tools for screen capture, graphic design, and illustration programs.
● Highly self motivated and driven to succeed.
● Team player with strong sense of urgency.
● Detail oriented.
● Flexible and willing to do "what it takes" to help the company getting the job done.
●High energy and enthusiasm—eager to engage with subject matter experts.
● Bachelor’s degree in a communication or technical field, or equivalent experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Collaborate with subject matter experts and content creators from RiskSense Products and Development teams.
● Create user documentation, including but not limited to instructional manuals, release notes, online help, FAQs, and video.
● Streamline and automate RiskSense document creation process, as well as expand internal training resources.
● Collaborate with other departments as needs arise for Product marketing or any other content assets.
The position is based in the RiskSense Silicon Valley office in Sunnyvale, CA.